Walks from Season Four - Falls of Acharn
If you've done this walk, we'd love to see your photos and videos. Share them with us on our Twitter, Facebook or Instagram or use the hashtag #WalksAroundBritain.
The full walk is available to watch on Walks Around Britain+, our "Netflix for Walking" video subscription website - click here for a 7 day free trial.
A walk to the Falls of Acharn - Walks Around Britain Shorts
|7 miles (11.3 km)|
|761 ft (232 m) |
Level of difficulty
3 gates / 6 stile
|Grid SZ 40089 89188|
|Keep on leads|
|Pay & Display Car Park |
Share this walk
- Leave Lochside Cottage by the access drive to reach the main road.
- Turn right and head past the cottages on the left.
- Cross over the beck via the road bridge.
- At the next junction, turn left to follow Queen's Drive in the direction of the sign for the Falls of Archan.
- Follow Queen's Drive until the road makes way to a track.
- Continue on along the track as it starts to rise up.
- At the sign, follow the path through the cave and turn left to the viewwing platform to see the lower Falls.
- Head off the viewing platform and turn left to exit the cave a different way.
- Turn left to return to the path, which proceeds to turn to the left.
- At the sign, turn left to enter into the forest and follow the path as it drops down.
- Take the sharp turn right onto the wooden walkway to the higher Falls.
- After enjoying the Falls, continue along and climb the steps at the end of the walkway.
- Turn left to join the path and start to decend down the hill.
- Cross the footpath over the burn.
If you enjoyed this walk,
you might like these...