Advertising, Sponsorship and Promotional Opportunities
Thank you for being interested in advertising and sponsorship with Walks Around Britain.
We've designed this section to give you an overview of what opportunities are available with us across our...
- television series
- social media
- live streaming
- online video walks
- email newsletter
Information about licensing the Walks Around Britain brand for print publishing, outdoor kit and event purposes, please see here...
Of course, if you require any further info, please email, tweet or phone us.
Since we launched in 2010,
Walks Around Britain
has grown to become the
country's leading digital destination for
short walks and walking information.
- The leading digital destination for short walks and walking information
- Reaching a core audience of midde-aged and mature ABC1s
- Highly respected as an authority on walking
- Specifically focused on short walks (between 2 - 8 miles) especially perfect for families, dogs owners, silver walkers and new walkers; and the shorter, long-distance trails - perfect for those wanting to spread their walking wings.
- The country's leading free-of-charge website for short walks and walking information.
- Unique monthly users: 20k
- Hits monthly: 978k
- Average age: 42
- ABC1s: 72%
- ABs: 65%
- Female: 54%
- Male: 46%
- Average dwell time: 10 mins
- Syndicated across 20 Television Channels around the UK
- The only British walking series available worldwide on Amazon's Prime Video
- Available on board Virgin Trains, West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway trains.
- Broadcast in the UK every day since January 2017
- Described as "Britain's best walking programme" by the website Outdoors Magic
- Total number of viewers across all channels and seasons: 27.2 million
- Total numbers of viewers across all channels for season one alone: 8 million
- International broadcasters in New Zealand, Australia and the United States
- Season One, Two, Three and Four currently being broadcast with Season Five now in production
The Television Series
- Twitter Followers: 34,709 (as of 25th June 2018 - up from 34,242 on 5th April 2018)
- The most followed Twitter account in the world dedicated to short walks in Britain.
- Average Tweet impressions (over 28 days): 200k
- Facebook Likes: 8,777 (as of 25th June 2018 - up from 8,626 on 5th April 2018)
- Regular Facebook reach (over 7 days): 15k - 30k
- Instagram Followers: 1,705 (as of 25th June 2018 - up from 1,546 on 22nd December 2017)
- Also Pinterest & Flickr
- Pioneered television-quality outdoor programmes online
- Videos now hosted on YouTube and Facebook
- Total video views on YouTube alone: 391,000 views (as of 25th June 2018 - up from 224,841 on 5th April 2018)
- Total subscribers on YouTube: 2,310 (as of 25th June 2018 - up from 2,207 on 5th April 2018
- Most watched video walk: Newcastle City Centre with 137,273 views
- Started in 2016
- An exciting and new way to inspire the Walks Around Britain audience with walking destinations and outdoor kit.
- Broadcasting on Facebook Live and Periscope.
- Available around the world live.
- Videos stored within Facebook and Periscope for playback later or embedding in websites.
- Started in 2012
- Described as "the best Radio 4 programme not on Radio 4" by a listener
- Available on AudioBoom, iTunes, YouTube and the Walks Around Britain website
- Averages over 1.5k listens within the first month of availablity
- Last 12 podcasts totalled 41,200 listens... 18,200 more than buy one month's Country Walking magazine
The Email Newsletter
- Started in 2016
- Industry-leading Open Rate average of 46.6% (average for travel is 16.1%)
- Industry-leading Click Rate average of 7.5% (average for travel is 2%)
- Top locations by opens: UK 76.3%; USA 16.8%; Australia 4.2%; Canada 0.8%
- 1,039 subscribers (as of 25th June 2018)
- 45% describe themselves as “new to walking”
- 40% have a family with the young child below the age of 16
- 34% have one dog or more
- 89% are looking to find walks in areas they haven’t been to before
- 68% take holidays mostly in the UK
- 88% are influenced by our website, video, audio and social media as to places to visit to go walking.
Walks Around Britain has several target markets we are focused on with all our content across television, the web, live streaming, podcasts and social media...
- Dog Owners
- People new to walking
- Weekend walkers
- Silver Walkers - the over 65s
Our Target Markets
Walks Around Britain's target markets are looking for many products and services...
- Tents and Camping equipment
- Caravans and Motorhomes
- Cars and Dog-friendly Vans
- Dog accessories and equipment
- Outdoor clothing and footwear
- Self-catering Holidays
- Walking Holidays
- GPS Equipment and Apps
What Our Target Markets Wants...
- Our Website is called Walks Around Britain
- Our Television Series is called Walks Around Britain
- Our Podcast is called Walks Around Britain
- and when we get around to books, they'd be called Walks Around Britain
Walks Around Britain has a great audience – a mix of experienced walkers and people new to the hobby.
They are looking for outdoor clothing, maps, accommodation, walking holidays, equipment, transport and many other outdoor products and services.
Why should you advertise or sponsor with Walks Around Britain?
Walks Around Britain is a well-established walking website being launched back in March 2010.
Walks Around Britain has a high level of trust and credibility among the walking, outdoor and travel community.
Walks Around Britain appeals to both novice walkers and independent-minded experienced hikers.
Walks Around Britain covers exclusively walking in Great Britain.
Walks Around Britain is a huge supporter of small local and rural businesses and communities.
Walks Around Britain is available across multiple platforms - available as a website, videos, podcasts, social media and later this year, broadcast television.
Walks Around Britain is a regularly updated blog, with posts about walking news, gear reviews and personal opinion.
If this is the kind of audience you would also like to target with walking, outdoor and travel related advertising and sponsorship, then please consider advertising and sponsoring with Walks Around Britain.