Our Guide to Walking Festivals in Britain
Usually, there are some great Walking Festivals across Britain throughout the year, but virtually every one got cancelled in 2020 because of the Coronavirus situation.
Fortunately, with the roadmap out of lockdown provided by the UK Government - and the amazing numbers of people who have had their first, and possibly now second, Covid-19 jabs, the prospect of Walking Festivals returning during 2022 is wonderful to see.
So, perhaps these pages are more important than ever in the 11 years we've put them together.
Here, we've collated what we believe to be the most comprehensive list on the web - and we're constantly updating it with the latest information from festivals.
Below is our British Walking Festival Calendar, which has all the information we have on a Google Calendar. You can add this to your Google Calendar or download this to put on Outlook. If you'd like to embed the calendar on your website, simply e-mail us here for the code.
And if you click on the links below, you'll get in-depth listings for every walking festival we know about throughout 2022.
Smartphone users - we're aware the Google Calendar doesn't show full in portrait view - try using landscape view on your device.
Get your Walking Festival on these pages and the British Walking Festival Calendar
To get your Walking Festival on the our website and walking festival calendar, simply email all the details to us here.
We offer two packages - free listing and paid-for listing.
The paid-for listing receives...
- Entry into the relevant month page on walksaroundbritain.co.uk with either a logo or a photo
- Entry into the relevant month on our Great British Walking Festival Calendar on Google with weblink and description
- Entry into the “events” sections of the Walks Around Britain Facebook page
- Guaranteed feature on the most relevant edition of the Walks Around Britain podcast
- Guaranteed at least one feature on the Walks Around Britain blog
- Guaranteed at least 3 tweets on the Walks Around Britain Twitter account on the run up to the Festival
- Guaranteed at least 1 post on the Walks Around Britain Facebook page with at least one photo.
All for £55
valid from the date of entry until the end of the festival.
The free listing receives...
- Entry into the relevant month page on walksaroundbritain.co.uk
- Entry into the relevant month on our Great British Walking Festival Calendar on Google with weblink only
If you'd like to take advantage of the paid-for listing option and reach the 20,000 people who visit our website each month, our 40,000 Twitter followers and 14,000 Facebook followers - as well as the in excees of 50,100 listens to our podcasts, then please contact us.
You can email us here, or phone us on 01302 410062.